Wheal Martyn Clay Works Heritage Open Days Weekend
Date: 10 and 11 September
Part of the national Heritage Open Days Festival, Wheal Martyn’s free event celebrates our local clay country history and culture. Come along and join in with some of the activities on offer for the weekend, including:
- Crib Time Yarns – join one of our volunteers over a cup of tea and a cake in the café! Malcolm Gould will share some of his stories of clay mining, showing photos and film from the museum archive as he chats at various times over the weekend.
- Our Sponsored Walk – Off the beaten clay trail on Sunday 11th September at 11.00am. Join a family-friendly sponsored walk to fundraise for Wheal Martyn Trust. The route will explore the clay trails and offer a glimpse behind the scenes into the modern working clay pits. Bring a picnic and sturdy shoes. Contact us for a sponsor form
- Storytelling – enjoy a Cornish tale told by our very own with Sian Powell. Sian will be sharing her mystery tales on Saturday and Sunday afternoon
- Arts and Crafts – get creative and be inspired by the clay landscapes and tales. A selection of crafts will be available to try. Some items will incur a small cost.
- Pit View Film – watch out stunning short film of Wheal Martyn Clay Pit, taken by drone camera.
No booking needed – just drop in
Free activities in the atrium, café and discovery centre. A ticket or valid annual pass will be required for the rest of the museum site.