Work with Us: Finance Officer, Cornwall Association of Tourist Attractions
We’re looking for an experienced Finance Officer to come and work with us on a part-time basis, working from home. Full job description and details are below.
Please apply by submitting a covering letter and CV by 12noon on Friday 23 September to firstname.lastname@example.org.
From country houses and castles to mines and museums, gardens and galleries to theme parks and railways – Cornwall has a wealth of attractions to choose from. Whether people are visiting for a short break or happy to call this place home, we want them make each day a discovery.
Cornwall Association of Tourist Attractions (CATA) acts as a collective of almost 40 top attractions, and we’ve been creating Cornwall’s best visitor experiences since 1974, working together to meet and raise industry standards. We’re passionate about Cornwall, and love inspiring visitors with ideas for new and varied experiences. Our aim is clear: to create quality days out that can be remembered for years to come.
Join us as our Finance Officer – a permanent, part time role, working from home with flexible working hours, plus free entry to our member attractions year round.
Interviews will take place on 11 October 2022.
This is a flexible contract, offering 15 hours per month (annualised). Rate of pay is £16.72 per hour, equating to £3,009.60 per annum.
Nature of impact:
- To support the Board of Directors and the member attractions by managing all financial matters for the Cornwall Association of Tourist Attractions Ltd.
- Acting as Company Secretary, the postholder will ensure all Company administration is completed and submitted as required
The Cornwall Association of Tourist Attractions (CATA):
Founded in 1974 CATA exists with three objectives:
- To promote excellent visitor experiences in Cornwall.
- Provide an industry voice for the visitor attraction industry in Cornwall.
- Provide a supportive and trusted network for attraction owners, managers and their teams.
The organisation has 38 member attractions from the iconic St Michael’s Mount, The Lost Gardens of Heligan and the Eden Project to smaller gems such as Screech Owl Sanctuary and Lappa Valley.
- 25 days holiday per annum pro rata— details to be confirmed upon appointment
- Free entry for the post holder plus up to four others to all member attractions year-round with a CATA Executive Card.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Min 3 years experience as an accounts administrator or similar role.
- Excellent IT skills
- Sound working knowledge of Quickbooks and online ac-counting systems.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft office, inc Excel.
- Degree in finance or other numeric discipline.
- Experience in meeting administration (agendas, minutes, actions)
- Ability to act in a confidential and discreet manner when required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Solid data entry skills with the ability to spot errors.
Scale and scope of the role:
Reports to: The Chair of the Board of Directors.
Line management responsibility: none
Budget ownership: Responsible for effective and transparent administration of all financial matters for and in relation to the Cornwall Association of Tourist Attractions (CATA) Ltd.
Manage accounting and company administration:
- Liaise with directors, particularly the chair, vice chair and finance director, providing regular financial reports and updates.
- Attend meetings of the board of directors and general meetings of the membership as required.
- Act as company secretary for CATA ltd. Complete and file all statutory paperwork in relation to the company, includ-ing the annual return, appointments and resignations of directors and annual accounts to companies house.
- Deal with all matters relating to HMRC including comple-tion of all necessary returns, PAYE, VAT etc.
- Liaise with our appointed accountants regarding annual accounts and finance software.
- Manage payroll and maintain staff holiday records.
- Raise invoices to member attractions and record pay-ments.
- Pay company invoices and keep records as required.
- Manage the company bank accounts.
- Liaise with the Marketing and Membership officer as part of a small team.
- Deputise for the Marketing and Membership Officer where the post holder is on leave.
- Perform other tasks in line with this role profile and any-thing else as reasonably requested by the Chair or Board of Directors.
- Abide by the Company Code of Conduct